Thursday 20 May 2010

Llay Bridge

19th May
Arrived at the Alyn around 10am determined to try and get used to the new rod. Today I tried a cut down version of a furled leader measuring 3ft with 3ft of 7x tippet. I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the casting stroke, trying to get a perfect cast is at the moment beyond me! I think it's a combination of the leader set up and my casting? Due to my wayward casting the fish that were taking from the surface decided to disappear. Walked upstream taking in the wildlife and seeing my first Coot on our river. Overtook a new member I moved onto the run about the Two bridges, fish were rising in the run below where I was. Fishing a LDO dry downstream,  3 fell to this method all around 8in.
Spent the next 40mins chatting to another 2 anglers about the state of the river and the club. It's very interesting to find my views about the river and club are not personal  to me! it's a shame the club does not want to listen.

  1. 3 browns,  Two Bridges, LDO

No comments:

Post a Comment